Wednesday 1 July 2009

The job and the finding thereof

As mentioned in the 'blog description I will be working for a large company, selling computers. It is one of the largest companies in Southern Germany. The marketing division in Augsburg is responsible for all company activity in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India. I am the 'rent-an-english-speaker'. My job is to correct any mistranslations on brochures, leaflets, datasheets etc. although hopefully I will get to do some other things as well.

I found the job by trawling through old emails sent to the Modern Languages Faculty asking for student interns. While most of these offerings seem to be in France, there are occasional German nuggets and, having seen this job posting over a year ago, I applied for it in September. Some not very exciting CV emailing, telephone interviewing and minor bureaucracy later, I was given the job.

Pay is a fairly meagre €810, but considering Germany has no minimum wage I could be doing a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment